Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Stuffed Chicken is a perfect appetizer or main dish that looks and tastes spectacular but it’s also healthy and low-carb. Made with only a few ingredients, it can be made in the oven or an air fryer.
6 thin sliced chicken breast fillets
6 slices of prosciutto
24 asparagus stalks, woody ends snipped
1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
2 tbsp butter or ghee
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add minced garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Lay the thin sliced chicken breasts flat, sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush with melted butter with garlic using a pastry brush (on one side only). Don’t use up all the butter.
- Place 4 asparagus stalks on each chicken breast and roll the chicken around asparagus tightly. Asparagus ends should be sticking out on both sides.
- Season the rolled up chicken with a little more black pepper.
- Lay a prosciutto slice flat on a plate or cutting board, place the rolled up chicken with asparagus on one end and wrap in prosciutto. Proceed with the remaining chicken, one at a time.
- Spray a baking pan with oil lightly and place all 6 chicken “rolls” on the pan. Brush the wrapped chicken and asparagus with remaining garlic butter.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until asparagus looks slightly roasted and prosciutto is browned slightly.
Air Fryer method
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (3-5 minutes)
- Follow steps 2-6 in the oven method above.
- Brush the wrapped chicken with remaining garlic butter.
- Open the air fryer and spray the basket with a little oil.
- Place the chicken in the basket and set for 5 minutes. Open the air fryer at the 5-minute mark, check for “doneness” and give the chicken a shake. Cook 2-3 minutes more or longer until it looks roasted.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: asparagus stuffed chicken breasts, boneless chicken breasts, prosciutto, asparagus