Banana Cake in a Mug is delicious, made with wholesome ingredients takes all of 2 minutes to make in the microwave. It is perfect for breakfast, snack or whenever you’re craving a warm, comforting desert in no time.
1 ripe banana
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon almond milk
A pinch of salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Mash banana using a fork until smooth.
- Add almond milk, egg, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add dry ingredients: spelt flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in most chocolate chips.
- Spray 2 microwave safe mugs with non stick spray (I use avocado oil). Pour the batter into the mugs and decorate the top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds to 3 minutes, one mug at a time.
- Category: dessert, breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana mug cake, banana bread in a mug, banana bread microwave