These healthy Banana Nutella Oatmeal Cookies are made with no gluten, oil or refined sugar but they are insanely delicious! They are soft, chewy and deliciously studded with chopped hazelnuts and chocolatey Nutella flavor.
1.5 cups almond flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 medium ripe banana
¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella or other brand)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash banana with a fork. Add Nutella, egg and vanilla and stir together until mostly smooth.
- To the same bowl add rolled oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with a spatula until sticky dough forms.
- Stir in chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a ¼ cup cookie scoop drop cookie dough balls onto the lined baking sheet leaving space around each ball.
- Flatten each ball with the back of a spoon or a fork to form cookie discs, about ½ inch thick. The dough will be sticky – that’s ok. You can spray the back of the spoon with non-stick spray to help the process.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes in the preheated oven or until the cookies are mostly set and slightly browned at the edges.
- Let cool on a cooling rack completely before serving.
The dough will be sticky which is fine! Spraying the back of a spoon with a non-stick spray will help with flattening cookie dough balls.
To make the cookies vegan, use a flax egg, dairy-free chocolate chips and vegan chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dessert, baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Nutella Banana Oatmeal Cookies, Healthy Oatmeal Nutella Cookies, Hazelnut Chocolate oatmeal cookies