Chocolate Bliss Balls are a healthy sweet snack that will satisfy all your chocolate cravings. Made with dates, cashew nuts and cocoa powder, they are soft, rich, chocolatey and nutritious.
10 Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup raw cashews
½ cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Soak the dates in boiling hot water for at least 15 minutes, then drain on a sieve. See note 1
- Place the soaked dates and raw cashews in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until mostly blended. You will still see tiny pieces of nuts which is fine.
- Add coconut flour, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and process until a ball of smooth, sticky dough forms.
- Add mini chocolate chips (if using) and pulse a few times. The chocolate chips are supposed to stay mostly whole so don’t overprocess. See note 2
- Form 20-22 balls using a small spoon or a small cookie scoop, then roll into balls using your fingers.
- Chill the balls in the fridge or freezer and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: snack, dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate bliss balls, chocolate energy balls, choc bliss balls, cacao bliss balls, cacao date balls, protein balls