These Easy No Bake Cake Pops are a fun, quick and lightened up version of traditional cake pops. Made with almond and coconut flours, maple syrup and butter, they are naturally gluten-free, refined sugar free and so delicious your family will absolutely love them!
2/3 cup blanched almond flour (NOT almond meal)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3-1 cup white chocolate chips (I like Lily's)
1. In a medium or large mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, melted butter, vanilla and salt. Mix with a silicone spatula or a spoon until dough forms.
2. Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon divide the “dough” into 12 equal sized balls. Take each ball in your hands and roll until it’s rounded and uniform. If it seems crumbly, just hold it in the palm of your hand for a few seconds and the warmth of your hand will make it softer and easier to roll.
3. Place all 12 dough balls on a cookie sheet or a plate. If using sticks, place a stick in the middle of each ball almost all the way to the bottom.
4. Place the cookie sheet or plate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the balls to set.
5. Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (I like this one). Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, place back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat until chocolate chips are completely melted.
6. Remove the dough balls from the fridge and dip each ball in white chocolate. Use a spoon to help coat the balls, if needed.
7. Immediately sprinkle the ball with rainbow sprinkles and place on a cake pop stand or insert the stick into a piece of styrofoam so it’s upright. Repeat until each ball is coated and sprinkled.
8. Place the cake pops in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
9. Enjoy immediately or transfer to a ziplock bag or an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer.
If you want different color cake pops (blue or pink for a baby shower, for example), add a few drops of food coloring to melted white chocolate chips and stir until uniform color forms. You can also use milk or dark chocolate chips instead of white chocolate.
For chocolate cake pops, add 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder to the dough and mix well. You can also stir in mini chocolate chips for chocolate chip cake pops or rainbow sprinkles for funfetti cake pops.
Once the white chocolate is melted, work fast so it doesn’t harden before you get to the last cake pop. If it does harden, just place the bowl with melted white chocolate chips back in the microwave for 10 seconds and stir thoroughly. Repeat if needed until the chocolate is liquid again.
For a vegan version of cake pops, use melted coconut oil or vegan butter in place or regular butter and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- chilling time: 60 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake cake balls, no bake cake pops, raw cake pops