Egg Roll in a Bowl is a super quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s a true crowd pleaser. It is made with ground meat of your choice, shredded vegetables and cauliflower rice, and topped with spicy and refreshing mayo-sriracha sauce.
1.5 lb ground chicken (turkey or pork)
12 oz cauliflower rice
12 oz shredded white cabbage
5 oz shredded red cabbage
5 oz shredded carrot
½ large onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, crushed or minced
½ cup coconut aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce or tamari)
1 tbsp rice vinegar (optional)
2 scallions, sliced
4 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
For the sauce:
½ cup mayo
2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- Prepare the sauce. Place the mayo, Sriracha and juice from ½ lime in a medium bowl and stir with a small whisk until fully combined and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and cook onion until softened. Add the ground meat and cook until no longer pink and slightly browned. If you’re using pork, drain the fat. Add minced garlic and ginger and stir together for another minute or 2. Remove the meat from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining sesame oil to the now empty skillet and add both cabbages, carrots and cauliflower rice and cook stirring on medium high heat until softened, about 5-7 minutes. You may need to add a splash of water if it starts browning.
- Add coconut aminos or soy sauce and rice vinegar (if using). Give everything a stir, add the cooked meat and cook together stirring for about 3-5 minutes. Add juice squeezed from ½ lime and sliced scallions. Stir together, try it and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can also add a little more coconut aminos and sesame oil at this stage if you want more flavor. Garnish with more scallions and/or chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of mayo-Sriracha sauce.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: egg roll in a bowl, keto, paleo, egg roll skillet, cauliflower rice