Furikake Salmon Buddha Bowl is a flavorful and super nutritious, well-balanced dinner that is quick, easy to make and will satisfy your sushi cravings. It is made with salmon baked with Furikake (Japanese seaweed seasoning), brown rice, fresh greens, veggies and finished with flavorful soy ginger dressing.
1/2 lb salmon fillet (with or without skin)
1 tablespoon Furikake seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
a couple handfuls mixed salad greens
2 mini cucumbers
one .17oz package roasted seaweed snacks
1.5 cups cooked brown rice (1/2 cup uncooked)
Honey Ginger Dressing:
1/2 tablespoon chopped shallot
1 teaspoon grated or minced ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the salmon into 3 or 4 equally sized pieces. Sprinkle with salt and furikake seasoning.
3. Place the seasoned salmon in a baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and set aside.
Ginger Honey Dressing
Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. You can also use a mason jar – place all dressing ingredients inside, secure the lid and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
Salmon Buddha Bowls
1. Using a potato peeler, make long strands of carrot. Chop cucumbers into quarter circles, slice avocado halves and cut seaweed snacks into strips.
2. Arrange salad greens, chopped cucumbers, carrot ribbons and cooked brown rice in two bowls. Add 1 salmon piece per bowl and avocado slices on top. Sprinkle with seaweed strips and toasted sesame seeds or more Furikake, if desired.
3. Drizzle with Ginger Honey Dressing a serve.
This recipe makes 2-3 large bowls.
If you don’t have Furikake, you can sprinkle the salmon with salt, pepper and some sesame seeds.
Brown rice can be swapped for white rice, cauliflower rice or a grain of your choice (quinoa, farro, barley).
Nutritional value is approximate. 1 serving is one large bowl with a 2oz portion of Furikake salmon.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dinner, lunch
- Cuisine: Asian, American
Keywords: furikake salmon, buddha bowl, salmon buddha bowl