Healthy Caramel Yogurt Apple Dip is creamy, decadent, perfect to jazz up your apple slices but made with clean whole ingredients. When you are craving caramel but don’t want sugar or butter, this dip is for you!
6-7 Medjool dates, pitted
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
1 tablespoon cashew butter
½ teaspoon sea salt
1-2 tablespoons boiling hot water, as needed
- Soak the dates in hot water for at least 15 minutes, then drain.
- Place the pre-soaked, pitted dates in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until the dates are finely chopped. Then turn the food processor on and pour in a tablespoon of hot water to help blend the dates into a paste. Add another tablespoon of water, if needed. You may need to stop and scrape the sides of the food processor a couple times to help the process.
- Turn off the food processor. Add yogurt, vanilla, cashew butter and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Soaking Medjool dates will help blending them into a paste.
If you don't have cashew butter, you can swap it for peanut or almond butter.
For a vegan version of this dip, use fairy-free Greek yogurt, such as Kate Hill.
To make this dip nut-free, swap cashew butter for tahini or sun butter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 15 minutes for soaking dates:
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy caramel dip, caramel yogurt dip, apple yogurt dip