Healthy Pumpkin Mug Cake is a healthy and nutritious fall treat that is perfect for breakfast, snack or a quick single-serving dessert when you have zero time.
3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 tablespoons almond flour
1 egg (preferably a small one)
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips
- Place canned pumpkin, almond butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla in a mug and stir with a spoon until well mixed.
- Add almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Stir in most of the chocolate chips and decorate the top with the rest.
- Microwave on high until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Start with 90 seconds. If it needs more time, microwave longer, in 10-20 second increments checking with a toothpick after each increment until just right. It should be slightly sticky to touch but not raw.
If you don't have almond butter, you can use peanut or cashew butter instead.
Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin mug cake, pumpkin spice, how to make pumpkin mug cake