If you are looking for healthy puffed rice cake toppings, here are six easy and nutritious healthy rice cake snack ideas to try. Some are sweet, some savory but all will make that 3PM snack craving fun and delicious.
6 puffed rice cakes
Almond Butter & Berries
1 tablespoon almond butter
1/4 cup berries (blueberries and raspberries)
A pinch of chia seeds (optional)
Peanut Butter & Banana
1 tablespoon peanut butter (I like Teddie's smooth PB)
1/2 small banana
a pinch of ground cinnamon
Cottage Cheese, Cucumber & Tomato
2 tablespoons cottage cheese
1/3 mini cucumber, sliced
1-2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Salt & pepper to taste
Hummus & Pepper
1 tablespoon hummus
1/4 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
A pinch of hemp hearts (optional)
Avocado & Smoked Salmon
1/2 small avocado, mashed
1 slice smoked salmon, whole or cut into pieces
1 teaspoon capers, drained and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon red onion, minced
Avocado & Egg
1/2 small avocado, mashed
1 egg, soft or hard boiled
A sprinkle of Everything Bagel seasoning
1. Almond Butter & Berries: spread almond butter onto the rice cake, top with fresh blueberries and raspberries and sprinkle with chia seeds.
2. Peanut Butter & Banana: spread peanut butter onto the rice cake, top with fresh banana slices and sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Cottage Cheese, Cucumber & Tomato: place cottage cheese on the rice cake and spread evenly using the back of a spoon. Top with tomato and cucumber slices and season with salt and pepper.
4. Hummus & Pepper: spread your favorite hummus onto the rice cake, top with sliced bell pepper (any color) and sprinkle with hemp hearts.
5. Avocado & Smoked Salmon: mash avocado in a small bowl, then spread onto the rice cake. Place sliced smoked salmon on top (I like to cut it into smaller pieces so it's easier to eat), then sprinkle with chopped red onion and capers, if desired.
6. Avocado & Egg: Boil an egg to your preference (I like boiling my for 7 minutes for a gummy yolk), transfer to a bowl with icy cold water to cool. Mash avocado in a small bowl, then spread onto the rice cake. Top with sliced egg and sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
My favorite rice cakes' brands are Lundberg and Quaker. Most grocery stores carries both. I like brown rice or multigrain cakes for some extra fiber.
You can prep toppings ahead of time but don't assemble the rice cake snacks until ready to serve or they'll become soggy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice cake snacks, healthy rice cake toppings, rice cake breakfast, rice cake ideas