Peach, Bacon and Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese is an easy and flavorful summer weekday dinner that will brighten your evening. It’s made with fresh peaches, seared chicken, crispy bacon and creamy goat cheese for a wonderful combo of flavors and textures.
For the salad:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
1 teaspoon neutral tasting oil (avocado, sunflower or light olive oil)
2 ripe medium peaches
4 slices of thick bacon
3 oz mixed greens
1.5 oz red onion, sliced thin
2 oz goat cheese
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Honey Mustard Dressing
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons apple cider or white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
a pinch of black pepper
- Chop up the bacon into small bits, transfer to a skillet and cook until browned and crispy. Remove from the stove, drain on a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Place the sliced red onion in a bowl, pour some cold water over it and let it soak for about 15 minutes or while you’re preparing the rest of the ingredients. Drain on a sieve and set aside. This step will help remove the harsh onion flavor.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, black pepper and garlic salt. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the chicken until well seared on medium heat, about 20-25 minutes flipping from time to time. Transfer on a plate and cover with tinfoil to let the meat rest and finish cooking.
- Prepare the dressing. Place all ingredients in a mason jar, close the lid and shake vigorously until the honey is dissolved and the dressing is smooth.
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the pit and slice the peach halves into 4-5 even slices.
- Assemble the salad. Place the greens in a large bowl or on a large platter and arrange the chicken, sliced peaches, red onion and cooked bacon on top. Crumble the goat cheese into the salad and drizzle with the dressing. Toss and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach and chicken salad, how to make peach chicken salad, peach chicken salad with bacon, peach dinner salad