Healthy Banana Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, delicious and protein-packed. Unlike classic peanut butter cookies that are crunchy and crumbly, the addition of banana in the dough makes these cookies wonderfully soft and chewy.
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 medium or large ripe banana
1 large egg
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup almond flour
1 tsp vanilla
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking liner.
- In a medium bowl mash the banana with a fork until smooth. There should be no lumps.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together peanut butter, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla and almond flour until combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a silicon spatula. Add the mashed banana and fold it in into the cookie dough with a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Using a quarter cup cookie scoop, scoop dough out forming 10 balls and drop them on the prepared baking sheet spacing them 2-inches apart. The dough will be smooth and sticky.
- Using the back of a spoon flatten the cookies slightly. Dipping the spoon in cold water between each cookie will prevent the dough sticking to the spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then place on a cooling rack. Cool completely before eating. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
These cookies have a soft and chewy texture. Once completely cooled, store them in an airtight container with parchment paper between layers of cookies.
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, healthy cookies