Peanut Butter Bliss Balls are a perfect delicious and nutritious snack for all peanut butter lovers. They are made with Medjool dates, smooth peanut butter and dry roasted peanuts for a wonderful sweet and salty healthy treat.
½ cup all-natural peanut butter
8 Medjool dates, pitted
¼ cup dry roasted salted peanuts
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Soak the dates in hot water for at least 15 minutes, then drain.
- Place the peanuts in a bowl of a food processor and pulse until the nuts finely chopped.
- Add pre-soaked dates, peanut butter, flax seeds and coconut flour. Pulse a couple times, then process until smooth and sticky dough forms. Squeeze a small portion between your fingers. It should stick together enough to form a ball. If it’s too crumbly, add a tablespoon of cold water and pulse a couple times. You can repeat this process until the dough can be worked into balls.
- Using a spoon or a small cookie dough scoop, divide the dough into 14-15 portions, then roll into balls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If your Medjool dates are super fresh and soft, you can skip the soaking though I always soak them, just in case, because it really helps with blending the ingredients. It also makes removing pits easier, if your dates come with pits.
The consistency of the dough will depend on how runny your peanut butter is. If it seems too crumbly to form balls, add a tablespoon of water. If it seems too sticky, add an 2 teaspoons more of coconut flour.
If your peanut butter has a layer of oil on top, make sure to stir it really well before adding to the recipe. One trick to do that efficiently is to use a hand mixer - stick one of the mixing attachments directly in the jar and turn it on low. It works really well!
If you don't have dry roasted peanuts, swap them for cashews or almonds. They won't be as "peanuty" but will still taste great!
If you store your bliss balls in the freezer, allow at least 5 minutes to thaw for best texture.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert, snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter bliss balls, date balls, protein balls, peanut butter energy balls