Spaghetti Squash with Bacon, Spinach and Goat Cheese Skillet is a healthy, low-carb weeknight dinner that’s ready in under 45 minutes. Made with roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic, it is super simple, keto-friendly and amazingly delicious!
1 medium spaghetti squash
10 oz baby spinach
1 pint cherry tomatoes
5 oz goat cheese
10 oz bacon
2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
1 tbsp olive oil (divided)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the squash. Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the pits and discard. Brush the squash with half of the olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet, skin side up. the skin with a fork a couple times. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Take the squash out of the oven, let cool slightly and take the flesh out fluffing it with a fork. Set aside.
- While the squash is baking, place the cherry tomatoes on another baking tray. Drizzle the cherry tomatoes with remaining oil and mix or shake to coat. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes in 400F.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook in a large skillet stirring occasionally until crispy. Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon bits and set aside. Discard bacon fat leaving about 1 tbsp in the now empty skillet.
- Place the spinach in the skillet, top with crushed garlic, cover and cook on low heat for a couple minutes until wilted. Uncover, cook for another minute stirring.
- Add spaghetti squash, roasted cherry tomatoes and bacon bits. Crumble goat cheese into the mixture and stir everything gently.
- Serve immediately!
Pick a spaghetti squash under 4 pounds for this dish. If it’s smaller, it may take less than 40 minutes to cook. To check if it’s done, open the oven and press the skin with a spoon. If it gives, it’s ready.
- Category: dinner, lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: goat cheese, spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash with goat cheese, bacon