This Homemade Vegan Greek Salad Dressing is creamy, zesty, garlicky and light. Made with just a few simple ingredients, it will brighten up any salad. It is super flavorful and way better than any bottled dressing at the store.
A good salad needs good homemade salad dressing. This is a fact and a truth I live by. Bottled dressing is a great shortcut when you have zero time but more often than not it’s made with low quality oils and other questionable ingredients (just read the labels, if you dare). More importantly, it NEVER tastes as good as your own.
If you want to bring your salad to a whole new level, make this Greek Salad Dressing and you will be amazed at how much difference homemade dressing makes. This recipe is super easy, healthy, only requires 8 simple ingredients and the best part about it is the smooth, creamy texture.
Though there is no dairy or mayo in it, I make this dressing with an immersion blender and that simple step thickens the dressing and makes it creamy and silky. You can enjoy it on any salad as light and zesty salad dressing, or use it as a marinade for chicken or roasted veggies. Try it on my Greek Salad with Chickpeas or on this Red Lentil Pasta Salad.
Looking for more homemade salad dressing ideas? Check out this flavorful Creamy Cajun Salad Dressing.
HOMEMADE VEGAN GREEK SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: use good quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor. You can also use light olive oil, if you prefer mellower, milder tasting oil.
Lemon Juice: to add zestiness to the dressing.
Fresh Garlic: the recipe calls for 2 whole cloves but if you’re not a fan of raw garlic, you can reduce the amount to 1 clove or skip it all together.
Wine Vinegar (Red or White): red wine vinegar is more typical of Greek cuisine but white wine vinegar will work just as well.
Dijon Mustard: for a bright and tangy flavor.
Dried Oregano: a key ingredient that gives this vinaigrette its Greek character.
Salt & Pepper: to balance out the flavors.
HOW TO MAKE SALAD DRESSING USING AN IMMERSION BLENDER
This method couldn’t be any easier! Just place all the ingredients in a wide mouth mason jar (or some other tall and narrow container), insert the immersion blender in the jar so that the head is completely immersed and blend by pulling it up and down for about 10-15 seconds. The finished dressing should be thick, smooth and silky.
CAN I MAKE THIS DRESSING IF I DON’T HAVE AN IMMERSION BLENDER?
Yes! If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can make the Homemade Greek Salad Dressing in a couple of other ways:
- Food processor. Just place all the ingredients in a food processor, such as this mini one and blend until thickened and smooth.
- High speed standup blender. You can make this dressing in a high speed blender, such as Ninja or Nutribullet though be careful to clean it out really well after, especially if you use it primarily for smoothies.
- Bowl and a whisk. This is a classic way of making dressing and it works well, though the texture won’t be as smooth and creamy as when you use an immersion blender. Simply place all the ingredients in a bowl, except for oil. Whisk them together and add oil by pouring it very slowly in while whisking.
- Mason jar. Here’s another way to make the Greek dressing. Add all the ingredients into a mason jar, close the lid securely and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. If you make the dressing ahead of time, keep it in the jar and give it another shake before dressing the salad.
You can store this dressing in a jar or airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Give it a stir or shake right before dressing your salad.
If you try my Homemade Vegan Greek Salad Dressing, be sure to leave me a comment and give this recipe a rating. I would love to hear from you and see how it turned out for you! You can also share and tag me on Instagram!
This post contains affiliate links.Print
Homemade Greek Salad Dressing is creamy, zesty, garlicky and light. Made with just a few simple ingredients, it will brighten up any salad.
½ cup olive oil
3 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
2 medium garlic cloves, crushed or minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a wide mouth mason jar.
- Blend using an immersion blender until smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: kitchen basics
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: how to make Greek salad dressing, Greek salad dressing, homemade salad dressing