Are you a shrimp taco lover looking to elevate your taco game? Look no further! In this post, I've curated a list of the 20 best sides for shrimp tacos that will take your taco night to the next level. From creamy avocado salsa to tangy pickled red onions, these sides will complement the delicate flavors of shrimp while adding texture and depth to your tacos.
Shrimp tacos are a perfect meal for any occasion, whether you're having a lazy summer day or a busy weeknight. The shrimp is so juicy and succulent, and when you mix it with crispy veggies, it's like a flavor explosion in your mouth.
Plus, they're super healthy, which is always a bonus. Shrimp is packed with protein and omega-3s, so you can chow down on these tacos guilt-free. And the best part? You can top them with whatever you want!
My favorite shrimp taco recipe is this one for Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa. I like to serve them with crunchy red cabbage, creamy avocado, briny Cotija cheese (or queso fresco), fresh cilantro and, of course, fresh mango salsa. I drizzle them with some spicy mayo and it's truly one of the best taco recipes ever!
- What goes well with shrimp tacos
- 1. Fresh Mango Salsa
- 2. Easy Homemade Salsa
- 3. Easy Authentic Guacamole
- 4. Mexican Pickled Onions
- 5. Mango Jicama Slaw
- 6. Homemade Refried Beans
- 7. Pinto Beans and Rice
- 8. Grilled Mexican Corn (Elote)
- 9. Mexican Chopped Salad
- 10. Cilantro Lime Rice
- 11. Red Cabbage and Carrot Slaw
- 12. Blackened Corn
- 13. Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes
- 14. Black Bean Pineapple Salsa
- 15. Cashew Cilantro Sauce
- 16. Spanish Rice
- 17. Grilled Corn Salad
- 18. Poblano Cream Sauce
- 19. Vegan Bean Salad
- 20. Homemade Pico de Gallo
- More ideas and FAQs
- Related recipes
- Meet the Author
What goes well with shrimp tacos
When it comes to picking the perfect sides to serve alongside shrimp tacos, the options are endless. Classic choices like creamy guacamole or zesty pico de gallo are always crowd-pleasers. But, if you're looking to switch things up, consider adding some crunchy shredded cabbage or slaw to your tacos.
Check out this amazing list of 20 sides that work great on top of the tacos, such as salsas, slaws, and sauces, as well as standalone options, like salads, rice, and beans. The beauty of the taco bar is that you get to pick and choose what you like to create your ultimate taco experience.
Get ready to elevate your taco game and let your taste buds run wild with these incredible side options!
More ideas and FAQs
Here are 6 delicious combinations for the best shrimp tacos:
1. Classic: Shrimp, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice
2. Baja-style: Shrimp, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, avocado, and lime crema
3. Spicy: Shrimp, jalapeños, spicy salsa, cotija cheese, and lime
4. Tropical: Shrimp, mango salsa, avocado, red onion, and lime
5. Garlic lovers: Shrimp, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and hot sauce
6. Grilled: Grilled shrimp, charred corn, avocado, and lime
When you don't have much time to make your own salsas, slaws and sauces, here's what you can easily get at the grocery store:
1. Guacamole (in the refrigerated section)
2. Fresh Pico de Gallo
3. Your favorite jarred salsa
4. Sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
5. Spicy mayo or Sriracha mayo
6. Cotija cheese or queso fresco
7. Canned refried beans
8. Bagged slaw mix (I like rainbow slaw)
9. Pickled jalapeños
10. Hot sauce, such as Choula
Shrimp tacos are a fantastic and easy-to-make meal that can be customized to suit any taste preference. With the addition of a few delicious sides, they can be transformed into a complete and satisfying meal.
I hope that these recipes have inspired you to get creative in the kitchen and try out some new flavor combinations. So next time you're in the mood for a tasty and healthy meal, don't forget to add some of these sides to your shrimp taco recipe. Enjoy!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my site, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it turned out in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest to see more recipes.